Thursday, August 27, 2015

Well hi there!

There goes another few months! I feel frustrated at my inability to get this healthy lifestyle junk under control. Every few months I feel a small wave of determination and get trying again. But that wave doesn't carry me very far. Like maybe 48 hours. I feel like I know all the basics of what will make me successful, but somehow I just can't break my habits for good. It is extremely frustrating.

Perhaps, though, I have been asking too much of myself. Setting my calorie goal at 1200, training for a half marathon, that sort of stuff. It's just not sustainable on a daily basis. I don't know. I keep thinking that things will be easier soon. Spring is coming soon so it will be warm enough to get out and exercise, summer is coming soon so our schedules will finally be flexible, fall is coming so my older kids will finally be in school and I'll have some freedom. That sort of thing. But in all reality, the future is never, ever easier. It's just different.

The truth is that I really don't like how I am right now. Physically, socially, spiritually, intellectually, you name it. And I'm not sure where to start. And I'm not sure what is most important. Or what will get me the most bang for my buck. But maybe what I need to do is just do something. Start doing something, and do it well, and don't give up, and commit to it. So, at the risk of sounding redundant (you know, like every other post on this blog), here are a couple of things I want to start doing.  I want to do them regularly, and I want to do them well.

 -Get up at 5:30 and review my goals and get myself mentally set for the day.
 -Run for at least 45 minutes four times per week.
-Find a quiet time before bedtime to study my scriptures for at least 30 minutes each day.
-Write down what I eat.
-Write on my chipper ship blog every day.
-Go to the grocery store only once a week when possible.

So I am going to start here and see if I can get really good at these things. Maybe this is too much to get good at right now. But maybe not!

No comments:

Post a Comment