Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Food Log


Since this blog is anonymous, I am only accountable to me, myself and I for any promises I make.  I think that is the beauty of it.  If I can't prove to myself that I can be counted on, then I can't really accomplish much of anything in this life.  So, tomorrow I am going to take a picture of every single thing I eat and post it as a food log tomorrow.  I feel like acknowledging what I'm doing wrong health-wise is an important initial step to making permanent change.  Go get it!


********************

Okay, here we go, here is what I've had to eat for breakfast and lunch today.  I will follow up with dinner later!

I had a brunch with friends for breakfast.  Here are the pictures:







So, in total, that was probably about 2 cups of assorted fruit with about 1/2 cup yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar (about 300 calories), plus 18 almonds (about 115 calories), plus 14 pretzels (340 calories) plus 1/4 cup hummus (140 calories).

Then for lunch I had this salad:


It was 2 cups spinach (14 calories), 1 oz gouda (100 calories), 1/8 cup pumpkin seeks (85 calories), 3 dried apricots (60 calories), 1 strawberry (4 calories) and about 2 tsp strawberry vinaigrette dressing (70 calories).

So, it's funny to me that I thought I was being pretty good at the brunch.  I stayed away from the treats.  I just wished I had stayed away from the pretzels!  Who knew?  So breakfast was about 900 calories (!!!!!) and lunch was about 335.  So today so far, I have had 1235.  That sounds like trouble for dinner.  In my head my goal was about 1200 to 1500 calories a day.  So maybe I'll just have some veggies for dinner!  I guess we'll see!  And I didn't even feel like I was pigging out at breakfast!  So sad.  That's why I'm doing this, though!  I have to understand what I'm doing so that I can unserstand how to do it better.

************************

And here is dinner! I went with light and unhealthy, obviously.  It's one saltine with frosting (about 50 calories) and a small piece of the biscuit type things Michael made when he got home (maybe 50 calories?)



SO that makes my grand total for the day 1335.  Not too shabby!  I should be able to do much better tomorrow if I can manage to stay away from brunch with friends.  And pretzels.

No comments:

Post a Comment